Event: Race Night October 2014
Another chance to win up to £300 at one of our popular race nights, once again thanks to the hospitality of The Pinner Arms in Whittington Way.
Jerry Ridout will be our host, with refreshments available from the bar throughout.
This time the event is being held in the main bar, so unfortunately children are not allowed. We hope this will attract more punters among the local customers, raising more funds for the Centre.
For those who didn’t come to the last one (and to refresh the memories of those who did!), here’s how the event works.
How it works
There are two ways to join the fun (and you can play both ways!).
- On the night itself, you can place bets on each of the 8 races.
- Minimum stake is £1.
- There are 8 horses in each race, and 8 races, making a total of 64 competing horses.
- The more horses you bet on, the greater chance you have of winning!
- One winning horse per race: whichever horse wins, whoever bet on that horse gets 40% of the total amount bet on that race.
- If more than one person has bet on the same winning horse, the 40% is divided equally amongst the winners according to the size of each winner’s stake. The higher your stake, the more you win!
Win up to £300 by “buying” one (or more!) of the 64 competing horses for £10 each.
- From 16 August, and on the event night itself, you can pay £10 to become the sole “owner” of a horse.
- At the end of the night, a special race will be held between the winning horses of the previous 8 races.
- If you are the owner of the winning horse of this race, you could win up to £300! (Total prize money is 50% of total raised from the sales of the 64 horses, up to a maximum of £300.)
- If you are unable to come along on the night, you can still join in by buying one or more horses. We’ll contact you if you are the winner of the final race.
- To buy horses, contact the Centre from 16 August, or buy on the night.
All proceeds will go to the Centre, so come along and try your luck. The more you try, the more we raise!
As always, more information is available from Lynn or Miriam at the Centre, from whom you will also be able to buy the horses.
Venue and directions
- The Pinner Arms on Whittington Way in Pinner
- Food and drink available from the pub.