Event: Autumn Race Night 2013
Another chance to win up to £300 in one of our increasingly popular race nights, once again thanks to the hospitality of The Pinner Arms in Whittington Way.
Jerry Ridout will be our host, with refreshments available from the bar throughout.
The event is being held in a private function room, so you are welcome to bring the youngsters.
For those who didn’t come to the last one (and to refresh the memories of those who did!), here’s how the event works.
How It Works
There are two ways to join the fun.
- On the night itself, you can place bets on each of the eight races.
- Minimum stake is £1.
- There are eight horses in each race, and eight races, making a total of 64 competing horses.
- The more horses you bet on, the greater chance you have of winning!
- One winning horse per race: whichever horse wins, whoever bet on that horse gets 40% of the total amount bet on that race.
- If more than one person has bet on the same winning horse, the 40% is divided equally amongst the winners according to the size of each winner’s stake. The higher your stake, the more you win!
Win up to £300 by “buying” one (or more!) of the 64 competing horses for £10 each.
- From 2 September, and on the event night itself, you can pay £10 to become the sole “owner” of a horse.
- At the end of the night, a special ninth race will be held between the winning horses of the previous eight races.
- If you are the owner of the winning horse of this race, you could win up to £300! (Total prize money is 50% of total raised from the sales of the 64 available horses, up to a maximum of £300.)
- If you are unable to come along on the night, you can still participate by buying one or more horses. We’ll contact you if you are the winner of the ninth race.
- To buy horses, contact the Centre from 2 September, or buy on the night.
All proceeds will go to the Centre (The Pinner Arms is very generously not charging us for the use of their function room), so come along and try your luck. The more you try, the more we raise!
As always, more information is available from Lynn or Helen at the Centre, from whom you will also be able to buy the horses.
Venue and Directions
- The Pinner Arms on Whittington Way in Pinner
- Food and drink available from the pub
- The event is taking place in a private function room, so you are welcome to bring along the youngsters.