In 2019, the Centre’s fundraising team, with the help of the members, friends and families, brought in a total of £20,789.23, through organised events and sales at the Centre alone.
Special thanks go to
- Doris Harris from Wyevale Garden Centres, who generously gave us items for the gift table, and to Paulette, Katy and Miriam who displayed and sold them, raising a fabulous £3,710.58!
- Paulette, Katy and Miriam, who throughout the year organised and ran various raffles, tombolas and bingo sessions, raising £839.42!
- Adam Gabsi for his energy and initiative, which brought in £8,285.51!
- The Christmas Gift Table raised a wonderful £1,330!
- Carol Singing at Morrisons — £819.51 was collected by the fantastic group of singers, brought together by Adam who also liaised with the store management.
- The Jewellery Sale was run by member Carolyn; she donated a percentage of her profits which swelled our coffers by a lovely £800.
- Bingo — hosted by Paulette with Jerry as Caller, raised £170.
- Table Sale — £546.75
- Quiz Supper — organised by Lynn with support from quizmaster Gary, question setter Adam and markers Apeksha and Linda raised an even healthier £,1387!
- Table Sale – £,1045
- BBQ & Raffle — although mainly a social event, generated a profit of £802.
- The Wimbledon Sweepstake — masterminded by Adam Gabsi, raised £235.
- The Bonus Ball — which has been coordinated by Astrid and Andy Gepp for the past 10 years, brought us £809 in the first six months of the year.
- The Summer Gift Table generated income of £700.50.
- Saturday afternoon Bingo — hosted by Paulette with Jerry as Caller, raised £112.42.
- Grand National Sweepstake — two boards of 40 numbers were sold; the winning horse was No. 3, the number chosen by Graham Franks and Albair Ibrahim, who both generously donated their £25 winnings back to the Centre, bringing the funds raised to £160.
- Thanks gents! And thanks to Adam for organising it all.
- Quiz Supper — organised by Lynn with support from quizmaster Mike Sleeman, question setter Adam, markers Apeksha & Natasha raised a healthy £1,263.73.
- Guess the number of Easter Eggs — arranged and donated by Graham Franks raised £43.
- Two tombolas raised an excellent £313.
- Our thanks to Paulette and Katy for organising them and to Steve Harris’s mother Doris who donated many of the prizes.
- The Valentine Table raised £119.
- The Table Sale brought in £88.91.
- Thanks go to Paulette, Katy and Miriam for both of the above.
- Adam Gabsi posted a crowdfunder appeal to “Fund a Physio”. In just two months he raised a fantastic £7,071! What a wonderful result!
- The Beauty Tombola raised £125.
- The Zumbathon organised through Nuffield Health in Paddington, brought in £2,848.41.
- Our thanks go to the various organisers, but especially to all the members who attended, made purchases and bought tombola and raffle tickets.
Without your support none of the above would be possible. THANK YOU!