Event: Spring 2016 Race Night
We are pleased to announce the welcome return of this popular evening where you can follow the fortunes of those virtual horses!
Our thanks to The Pinner Arms in Whittington Way for their generosity in allowing the use of their private function room.
The evening will be hosted by Jerry Ridout, once again ably assisted by his bookies Lynn and Linda.
Food and drink will be available from the Bar and as the event is being held in a private function room, you are welcome to bring the youngsters.
Entry fee payable on the door £2.00.
Join us for an evening at the races at The Pinner Arms on Whittington Way in Pinner — all the fun without any need to worry about the weather!
How it works
For anyone new to the event, here’s how the evening goes.
There are two ways to join the fun.
- On the night itself, you can place bets on each of the eight races.
- Minimum stake is £1.
- There are eight horses in each race, and eight races, making a total of 64 competing horses.
- The more horses you bet on, the greater chance you have of winning!
- Then they’re off!! Cheer on your chosen steed and celebrate as it surges past the finishing post!
- Whichever horse wins, whoever bet on that horse gets 40% of the total amount bet on that race.
- If more than one person has bet on the same winning horse, the 40% is divided equally amongst the winners according to the size of each winner’s stake. The higher your stake, the more you win!
Win up to £300 by “buying” one (or more!) of the 64 competing horses for £10 each.
- Pay £10 to become the sole “owner” of a horse.
- At the end of the night, a special ninth race will be held between the winning horses of the previous eight races.
- If you are the owner of the winning horse of this race, you could win up to £300! (Total prize money is 50% of total raised from the sales of the 64 available horses, up to a maximum of £300.)
- If you are unable to come along on the night, you can still participate by buying one or more horses. We’ll contact you if you are the winner of the ninth race.
- To buy horses, contact the Centre now or buy on the night.
All proceeds will go to the Centre (the Pinner Arms is very generously not charging us for the use of their function room), so come along and try your luck. The more you try, the more we raise!
As always, more information is available from Lynn or Miriam at the Centre, from whom you will also be able to buy the horses.
Venue and directions
- The Pinner Arms on Whittington Way in Pinner.
- Food and drink available from the pub.
- The event is taking place in a private function room, so you are welcome to bring along the youngsters.